NO WORDS (sem palavras) – technical rider
english version 07.10.2021
The following technical rider of the SEM PALAVRAS represents the ideal assembly conditions. Any changes may be negotiated between the company and the venue. Closer to the presentation date we can provide adapted lighting plans, stage layout plans and work schedule.
The team of the play SEM PALAVRAS, the newest production by companhia brasileira de teatro, is composed of 8 people in the cast, 1 musician, 1 director, 4 technicians and 1 production manager. In total 15 people.
Audience – Front Stage
Empty stage (black box, no legs or German masking for the sides – depending on the stage)
Curtains – the back curtains made of tightly stretched black fabric, without creases.
Scene space (approx. 10m x 10m)
Minimum height – 6 meters
Minimum width – 10 meters
Minimum depth – 12 meters
*Important note: Before and after each rehearsal and show it’s necessary to clean the stage.
White dance floor (8m x 10m)
ATTENTION – the cast wears high-heeled shoes and can damage the floor if it is fragile. The rest of the stage (sides, back and proscenium) that are not covered by the white floor must be covered in black material.
01 wooden bench of 3.60m at the back of the stage for 8 people (to be prepared by the venue);
01 white plastic of approximately 300m2 (the company brings);
5 ml of red ink for easy cleaning (the company brings);
1 small table or black box measuring approximately 0.50m H x 0.50m W x 0.80m C. Will be used by the musician on stage;
01 black chair with padded seat and no arm, for the musician
19 profile 50º
02 profile 36º
01 profile 26º iris (follow spot)
08 Fresnel 1Kw with barndoors
09 PCs 1Kw
04 PAR 64 (WFL)
21 PAR S4 sourcefour (WFL)
02 PAR 36 (peam beam)
3 RGBW LED stripelights (strobe light)
10 RGBW LED PAR
8 side booms (4 on each side – height from 2 to 2.5m)
1 follow spot (in small spaces it can be made with one profile 19-26º with iris, on tripod/pedestal)
Average height of lighting poles – 6 meters
Filters: LEE 202 and Frost 100 Diffuser for all reflectors
Brackets, claws, safety cables for all reflectors
Sufficient power and DMX signal cables for system operation
Digital table with DMX system (preferred for ETC tables)
70 2000W dimmer channels
Dimmable audience light (dimmer)
*The light plan will be adapted for each presentation space/venue.
INPUT LIST CHANNEL INSTRUMENT/SOURCE MIC/DI STAND/obs.
1 Interface out 1 DI box (or straight line do the console) – Cabo TRS P10
2 Interface out 2 DI box (or straight line do the console) – Cabo TRS P10
3 Interface out 3 DI box (or straight line do the console) – Cabo TRS P10
4 Interface out 4 DI box (or straight line do the console) – Cabo TRS P10
5 Interface out 5 (spare) DI box (or straight line do the console) – Cabo TRS P10
6 Interface out 6 (spare) DI box (or straight line do the console) – Cabo TRS P10
7 Filipe Efeitos/ Musician vocal effects SM 57 Pedestal grande / vocal stand
8 Filipe Vocal / Musician vocal SM 58 Pedestal grande/ Vocal stand
9 Overhead 1 HM1000 ck33 or km185 black Pendurado /hanging from ceiling
10 Overhead 2 HM1000 ck33 or km185 black Pendurado /hanging from ceiling
11 Overhead 3 HM1000 ck33 or km185 black Pendurado /hanging from ceiling
12 Overhead 4 HM1000 ck33 or km185 black Pendurado /hanging from ceiling
13 Overhead spare (5) HM1000 ck33 or km185 black Pendurado /hanging from ceiling
14 Mic de Palco com fio / Stage wired microphone SM58 or AKG D7 Cabo longo / Vocal stand, long lead cable
15 Microfone sem fio (extra 1) / Stage wireless microphone SM58 or Sennheiser e835 (true diversity) Pedestal grande /Vocal stand
16 Microfone sem fio (extra 2) / Stage wireless microphone SM58 or Sennheiser e835 (true diversity) Pedestal grande /Vocal stand
* OBS 1.: we will take the audio interface.
* NOTE 2.: The position of the Overhead microphones will be defined according to each performance location. Pedestals and the possibility of hanging microphones on stage poles should be available.
CONFIG CHANNEL Stage position Speaker
1 Side Esquerda / Floor Left 2 FZ 102 A ou similar
2 Side Direita / Floor Right 2 FZ 102 A ou similar
3 In ear sistema sem fio /In ear wireless system 1 Sennheiser ou Shure (True Diversity system)
4 Musician floor monitor 1 D&B M2 or similar
* NOTE: if the stage is more than 8 meters deep, 2 speakers will be needed for each side of the side (same track but separate to increase return coverage)
* OBS 2.: if it is better for the space/venue and there is no in-ear monitoring available for the musician, it will be possible to use a monitor speaker.
P.A SYSTEM The sound system should be designed and aligned according to the venue necessities. A consistent frequency response throughout the whole seating area is needed, ranging from 40 Hz to 18KHz, +- 3dB. The system should be able to achieve, as described above, a consistent 110 dB SPL with 10 dB of headroom (or limited to the maximum SPL allowed for the designated venue). The subwoofer speakers should be positioned on the floor as the play demands a rumbling sound of low frequencies to propagate through the structure/floor into the seating area. The mixer console: Yamaha CL3 or CL5 (we can discuss the use of another desk if better for the local venue, as long as it´s being of the same quality). The stage and musician monitoring can be made from the same desk as the P.A. system.
EXTRAS – The setup and location of the Musician, where the interface is also located, will be on the front left part of the stage. – 1 wireless instrument system (Shure UR or similar Sennheiser ew100 or ew300) – P10 connector for guitar. – At least 4 AC points for the musician on stage. – 1 guitar pedestal. – 1 small table or black box measuring approximately 0.50m H x 0.50m W x 0.80m C. It will be used by the musician on stage. – 1 black chair with padded seat and no armrest.
SUBTITLES For presentations with subtitles, video projection equipment and an adequate board will be required. The scene is very bright, it is necessary to ensure a very powerful video projector to ensure good reading of the subtitles. The projection screen must be made of wood painted black with the approximate dimensions of 1m x 4m. It should be suspended at 3m to 3.5 m in height. A dedicated video technician is required to prepare the video for subtitles.
Are necessary: 1 projector (minimum 6000 Ansilumens) + lens suitable for the distance between projector and screen and shutter; Cables and necessary connections between computer and projector.
• ONE POSITION OF MAKE-UP ON THE STAGE (OR VERY NEAR) INCLUDING FULL LENGTH MIRROR AND LIGHT
• COSTUMES MUST BE WASHED AFTER EACH PERFORMANCE AND WASHED AND DRIED AFTER THE LAST SHOW.
1. STAFF – 1x staff member, to set the costumes in position before the run, to put on and take out laundry after the show (to air dry overnight, do not use tumble dryers except for towels). – 1x staff member the next morning to complete ironing and repairs.
2. WASHING, DRYING AND REPAIRING – 1x washing machines – 1x spin dryer – 1x place with steam iron – 9x standard towels (about 0,40m x 0,80m) for each run through and each performance – 9x shower towels (about 0,60m x 1,40m) for each run through and each performance
*the towels have to be provided by the organizer
3. BEHIND SET – 8x chairs behind set – 4x costume racks on wheels behind the set (ca. 1,5m to 2m) – 1x mirror (full length – ca. 2m) – 2x table for the props and make. – Cleaning material (bucket, cloth, broom, etc.) for stage cleaning
4. DRESSING ROOMS
A) 4x performers – Completely equipped separate dressing rooms with full length mirrors and costume racks for 4 performers
B) 4x performers – Completely equipped separate dressing rooms with full length mirrors and costume racks for 4 performers
C) 3x technicians + 1x musician – One separate room for 3 technicians and 1 musician
D) 1x production + 1x direction – One separate room for 1 Production/tour manager and direction.
– Enough space for make-up in the dressing rooms
– Toilet and shower facilities (no public lavatory) with hot and cold water and showers
– Sufficient drinking water (without gas) in bottles: 21 Litters (0,5l or 1,5l bottles) for rehearsals and for each show.
– Basic catering (coffee, tea, biscuits, fruits, snacks …) and non-sparkling mineral water near the dressing rooms / rehearsal studio during set up, rehearsals and shows
SUGGESTED TECHNICAL STAFF
As a crew for the load in and initial construction of the set we suggest: # 02 stage technicians # 02 lighting technicians # 02 sound technicians
As a running crew: # 01 stage technician # 01 lighting technician # 01 sound technician # 01 video technician (subtitles) # 01 wardrobe person
To strike and load out: # 02 stage technicians # 02 lighting technicians # 02 sound technicians
Important notes: – Before and after each rehearsal and show it’s necessary to clean the stage
*Details and changes on this tech rider may be discussed directly with the person responsible for each department:
Lighting and stage management – Nadja Naira – email@example.com
Sound – Chico Santarosa – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lighting – Ricardo Barbosa – email@example.com
Production management – Zé Maria – firstname.lastname@example.org and Carmen Mehnert – email@example.com